Thursday, February 4, 2010

Kaylee

Okay, so yes, it's my name, and yes, it sucks. I think maybe I liked it when I was a kid...you know, I thought I was "different and unique"--because in the 80's it really wasn't that widespread. Now Kaylee is everywhere (Kaleigh, Kaylie, Kailey, whatever). People think it's hip and "pretty" which totally grosses me out. The reason why it sucks so much is because Kaylee is a five year old girl's name. A five year old that likes water babies, barbies, and dressing up like a princess for Halloween (been there, okay). It's completely UN-timeless. Like, what am I going to do when I'm 70 and introduce myself as "Kaylee" ? It's embarassing, just like it will be for all the Brittany's and Ashley's and Heather's. People are going to have to call me "Kay" (disgusting) simply because Kaylee will be age innapropriate and shameful for someone with drooping skin and a walker. I'm fucked.

Thoughtfully Yours, "Kay"

No comments:

Post a Comment